Truth Seekers’ Club
Sunday Mornings, 10:00- 10:45am
“God wants you to have a child’s heart and an adult’s brain.” ~ C.S. Lewis
Our young people need a stable metanarrative!
Welcome to Truth Seekers’ Club!
This page contains information for members of our church, visitors, and our local community about our Truth Seekers’ Club for Middle and High Schools students.
All Middle and High School Students (6th through 12th grades) are encouraged to attend.
- The Truth Seekers’ Club will be Christ centered, cross focused.
- The primary emphasis will be on the gospel and discipleship as we in the Reformed faith understand it, and as it is expressed in the five Solas (Sola scriptura, Sola gratia, Sola fide, Solus Christus, and Soli Deo Gloria: that is, we believe that Scripture, which is our highest authority, teaches that we are saved by grace alone through the vehicle of faith alone, by the work of Christ alone, and all to the glory of God alone).
- Discipleship will include teaching a solid foundation in the faith; moving from the milk to solid food of the Word (Hebrews 5:12-14).
- Discipleship will be encouraging maturity as our young people move into adulthood. As we grow, we need to put away childish ways (1 Corinthians 13:11).
- Scripture says that we are “not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” (Romans 12:2 -ESV). The Truth Seekers’ Club members will have their minds challenged.
- Apologetics will be stressed and discussed. Our young people will be presented with persuasive argument for our faith, and will be challenged to think about these arguments and learn to articulate their faith better. As Peter instructed us that we should in our “hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect” (1 Peter 3:15 -ESV).
- Since there will be apologetic discussions, those in the Truth Seekers’ Club ARE permitted to ask questions, even if a question(s) is challenging to for the leaders to answer. Engaging, honest questions are welcome in our group because we “prefer to appeal to” (Philemon 1:9 -ESV) our young people by giving solid answers to questions rather than dictating to our young adults WHAT to believe.
- The Truth Seekers’ Club will reference the Westminster Shorter Catechism.
- The purpose of the Truth Seekers’ Club is to NOT segregate the youth into a sub-group of our church. The young adults will be encouraged to worship with, fellowship with, edify, and be edified by all ages of our congregation. They will learn what it means to be a part of the church universal, which includes the old and young, the past, present, and future, and all nationalities.
Students are encouraged to bring a Bible to the meeting. We prefer the ESV, but other solid translations are acceptable. Other solid translation are NIV (1984 edition), NLT, KJV, NKJV, or NASB. Please check with Tim if you have others, because we are trying to avoid Bible paraphrases like the Message.
Bring your Bible, and be prepare to have your mind renewed.
::This Page has been rated :>
PARENTS (or guardian), IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING
THE TRUTH SEEKERS’ CLUB, PLEASE CONTACT Timothy Spradling.
Sunday afternoons, 5:30-7:00 P.M.
More information coming soon.